Whether it's your grandmother’s heirloom necklace or a simple pair of studs that matches any outfit, pearls are the perfect accent for every woman's wardrobe. It's no wonder - pearls have been touted as the symbol of perfection. The pearl is the oldest known gem. In fact, traces of the oldest pearl jewelry date back to 520 BC, found in the sarcophagus of a Persian princess currently displayed in the Louvre in Paris. Royalty or not, pearls are fitting for anyone!
Pearl in Latin directly translates as “unique”, and rightfully so, as no two pearls are identical. The creation of a pearl is truly an extraordinary event. Unlike gemstones or other precious metals which are derived from mines, pearls are produced by shelled mollusks, like oysters and clams. Worldly gems must be cut, polished and perfected, but pearls are refined by their makers and require no treatment to establish their beauty.
Adopt this truly timeless trend or find something for the “one-of-a-kind” lady in your life with these uniquely beautiful pieces all available at Zales.
- Honora 7.0 - 7.5.0mm Cultured Freshwater Pearl Strand Necklace
- Cultured Freshwater Pearl and White Topaz Four Piece Stack Ring in Sterling Silver
- Honora 8.0 - 9.0mm Peacock Baroque Cultured Freshwater Pearl Strand Necklace
- 8.0mm Cultured Freshwater Pearl and 1/10 CT. T.W. Diamond Flower Drop Earrings in Sterling Silver
- Honora 7.0 - 8.0mm Multi-Color Baroque Cultured Freshwater Pearl Stretch Bracelet Set
- 5.0mm Cultured Freshwater Pearl and Diamond Accent Ring in 10K White Gold
- 8.5mm Cultured Freshwater Pearl and 1/10 CT. T.W. Diamond Vintage Drop Pendant in Sterling Silver